Saturday 20 September 2014

AWI British Infantry

Well this post took it's time in coming! I don't know if it's just me but the summer seems to slow down the painting out put to a trickle. There always seems to be other things to do that are more important- sitting in the back garden with a beer is always tempting when the sun's out. Anyhoo I still managed to complete the first unit of what I hope will be a good sized army. These are Perry Miniatures representing the 62nd Regiment of Foot in the Sarratoga campaign.

I've based them on 20mm round bases from Warbases that fit into a movement tray. This will enable me to use them for Muskets and Tomahawks.


Drummers with reversed colours.


The flags are from GMB Designs, these are top quality and cover a whole raft of periods.

We'll be using Black Powder rules for the games when we've amassed enough troops. Windy is going with the Americans as is Tom. Fingers has thrown in the towel already and given me his unpainted figures- some people have no staying power!! We'll see how it goes in the next few months, hopefully we'll get enough figures painted to have a game before Christmas.
Next show on the agenda is Derby, Fingers, Tom and myself are entering the WAB tournament so if anyone's around please say hello.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Jim. I cannot make it to Derby this year although I may get to pop in later on the Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can get there mate call over and say hello.

    ReplyDelete